You know the rules folks. You get a couple clues to figure out the mystery Philadelphia athlete. First to guess it right wins a date with my cousin Marianne. Nice steak dinner at the Philly Diner. A little hand holding, but nothing fresh.
Cue the music:
- Played three seasons for the Flyers from 2000-2003
- Could actually be described as pretty effective during those years
- Jennings award winner
- Looked very much like Pee Wee Herman with a unibrow
- Lost his job to Robert Esche
- Would not be surprised if he was an international assassin
- Now runs a brewery
No more guesses.
Let’s see who is correct.
It’s Roman Cechmanek
I still get angry that the Flyers didn’t keep him and Esche as a tandem. Instead he went to LA to play for the Kings for one year. From there Checky went on to play overseas. Here’s to you Roman.